Sunday, June 24, 2007

Daddy's Surfer Girl

Kaylee used to love swimming. We think we messed up by not keeping her in lessons year round. She was a fish last summer. She would swim across the pool and retrieve rings 6 feet underwater. She has now developed a fear. Swim lessons this last week have not been fun. There have been major issues such as screaming and crying. It is slowly getting better. Mommy made the mistake of telling Kaylee that if she could swim by the end of next week she could have a Little Mermaid under the sea party for her birthday. She has been asking for a "blue" birthday party for awhile now . . . whatever that means. So, since she is fascinated with The Little Mermaid, I thought, "Why not use an Under the Sea party as bribery?" Then it hit me . . . most of Kaylee's friends cannot swim, thus ensuring their parents would have to get in the pool with them. I don't know how many moms would be oh-so-excited to get in the pool. Because I know I am NOT getting in my swimsuit in front of everyone!! So, I may have to run some interference on this one . . . Hmm. . . . we'll just have to see.


This is one of Kaylee's many swimsuits. When she puts it on she says she is Daddy's little surfer girl.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am thinking a few blow up or plastic pools would do us mommas just fine!!

Cyndy said...

How cute!!! Love the cute suit.

Jennifer said...

Love the bathing suit!

No way I'd get in a swimsuit!!

Shelly said...

She is SOOOO cute!!!! She and Hayley both have the curly locks that others (including myself) would pay big bucks for. :)