Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
My friend, Laura, tagged me and I am just now getting around to doing this. So, here I go . . .
1. I am TERRIFIED of snakes. This is not just a little fear, but a debilitating fear. My husband thinks I need counseling for this. I cannot even watch snakes on TV. The thought of a snake makes my heart race. I do not go into the reptile house at zoos. At the San Diego Zoo, I waited patiently outside in the heat as Nathan and Kaylee strolled through the air conditioned reptile house. We have found snakes in our pool, so I make Nathan do a complete walk around of the pool and clean out the skimmers before I will get in.
2. I secretly want to be a great runner. I guess that is not so much a secret now! I am not an athletic person. I never have been. However, in May 2007, I was introduced to coolrunning.com and their Couch to 5K running program. This program is designed to take even a couch potato and teach them to run a 5K in 9 weeks. Now, I am still not running the full 5K. I have to walk some. But, I am doing much better than I ever thought I could. I need some assistance, though. There is beginning runners class starting again in January and I think I will ask for that for Christmas. It is only $90 and you do group runs, they teach you the basics, and you train for a 5K. Then, when you finish that class, you can move onto training for longer distances.
3. In December, I will complete one of my life goals. I will be graduating with my Master’s Degree in Administration with a 4.0. I am really excited about the possibility of becoming an assistant principal. However, I know I must be patient because there are limited job opportunities for these positions.
4. I can hear tones that most human beings cannot hear. I can hear dog whistles. Seriously. I used to think everyone could. I can also hear the little machines people plug in to keep mice and rodents away that emit the high-pitched sound. And, the mosquito cell phone ring that people over 30 are not supposed to hear. Yep, my students can’t pull that one on me. It drives me crazy. I caught someone with it this week. The great thing is, it makes my students think that I am under 30. They can think that all they want.
5. I played the flute in middle school and I really enjoyed it. I didn’t want to be a “band nerd” in high school, so I gave it up. I REALLY wish I had a flute and could still play. It is relaxing to me.
6. I really want a third child, but fear I will have twins. Twins run in both of our families. My friend, Pam, had twins the third time around. I am not sure I could handle four kiddos!
7. I am also scared of birds. I have been “deposited” on several times by birds. Even at the San Diego Zoo. I have also been attacked by a few birds. Too many stories, but they tend to go crazy around me.
I tag Mom, Kellie, and Mandy.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Monday, August 04, 2008
Please say a little prayer for Nolan. We are waiting on some test results for him. We went to the doctor last week and she sent us to get bloodwork done to determine what all he is allergic to. Well, to start off with, we know he is allergic to latex now. He had a reaction to the latex gloves they used when drawing the blood. He has all of these sores all over his arms. You can see where the nurse's fingertips were touching him. They look like little burns on his arm. Then, he had scraped his knee last week and I put a band-aid on him. What started out as a sore the size of a pencil eraser turned into a sore bigger than a quarter and you could see where the band-aid was stuck to him. The band-aid had latex in it. So, now we have to find latex-free band-aids. We got some results on Friday. Nolan is mildly allergic to egg whites, he is never to let a peanut touch him, and allergic to wheat, corn, and soy. Those last three things are in every label you pick up!! I am having a hard time finding snacks for this boy! We should get the rest of the results today or tomorrow and then discuss more of this with the doctor. They are testing him for Celiac Disease. I can live with food allergies, but if it is Celiac disease, which is basically a gluten allergy, that is something he can never outgrow. And, the whole family will have to change our diet to avoid cross-contamination. At least he is a very happy little boy! So, please say a little prayer for us. I will keep everyone updated when we find out.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
Daddy's little surfer girl
Can you tell she really loved the wetsuit?
Future Lil' Surfer Man