My friend, Laura, tagged me and I am just now getting around to doing this. So, here I go . . .
1. I am TERRIFIED of snakes. This is not just a little fear, but a debilitating fear. My husband thinks I need counseling for this. I cannot even watch snakes on TV. The thought of a snake makes my heart race. I do not go into the reptile house at zoos. At the San Diego Zoo, I waited patiently outside in the heat as Nathan and Kaylee strolled through the air conditioned reptile house. We have found snakes in our pool, so I make Nathan do a complete walk around of the pool and clean out the skimmers before I will get in.
2. I secretly want to be a great runner. I guess that is not so much a secret now! I am not an athletic person. I never have been. However, in May 2007, I was introduced to coolrunning.com and their Couch to 5K running program. This program is designed to take even a couch potato and teach them to run a 5K in 9 weeks. Now, I am still not running the full 5K. I have to walk some. But, I am doing much better than I ever thought I could. I need some assistance, though. There is beginning runners class starting again in January and I think I will ask for that for Christmas. It is only $90 and you do group runs, they teach you the basics, and you train for a 5K. Then, when you finish that class, you can move onto training for longer distances.
3. In December, I will complete one of my life goals. I will be graduating with my Master’s Degree in Administration with a 4.0. I am really excited about the possibility of becoming an assistant principal. However, I know I must be patient because there are limited job opportunities for these positions.
4. I can hear tones that most human beings cannot hear. I can hear dog whistles. Seriously. I used to think everyone could. I can also hear the little machines people plug in to keep mice and rodents away that emit the high-pitched sound. And, the mosquito cell phone ring that people over 30 are not supposed to hear. Yep, my students can’t pull that one on me. It drives me crazy. I caught someone with it this week. The great thing is, it makes my students think that I am under 30. They can think that all they want.
5. I played the flute in middle school and I really enjoyed it. I didn’t want to be a “band nerd” in high school, so I gave it up. I REALLY wish I had a flute and could still play. It is relaxing to me.
6. I really want a third child, but fear I will have twins. Twins run in both of our families. My friend, Pam, had twins the third time around. I am not sure I could handle four kiddos!
7. I am also scared of birds. I have been “deposited” on several times by birds. Even at the San Diego Zoo. I have also been attacked by a few birds. Too many stories, but they tend to go crazy around me.
I tag Mom, Kellie, and Mandy.