Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It's the BUSY season!

Things have been so crazy. Friday night we had some other young families from church over to play games. It was a lot of fun. The kiddos all played in one room and the parents played games in the other. It's a great way to have fun and save money! Everyone brought finger foods. On Saturday I spent most of the day cleaning and wrapping presents. It's amazing how time can go by so fast. Then at 4:00 the Anysa and Luke, and Aidan and Austin came over so their parents could go out on a date. Co-op has been awesome for us. We keep all the kids one night a month from 4-9, and then we get to go out on 2 date nights a month for 5 hours! It's great! Sunday, we woke up for church. Kaylee is loving bible class. She gets so excited when we drive up to the building. She starts saying, "Church, church!" I'm glad she is so excited to learn about God. Sunday afternoon I tried to finish some Christmas shopping. That was crazy. I was willing to walk far at Grapevine Mills, but I couldn't even find a spot to park! I drove around for like 15 minutes stalking people walking out to cars. We had planned to go to the candlelight service at church that night, but I didn't get back in time. So, we rented the Fantastic 4, and Kaylee actually watched it with us. Monday was group party planning day in my class. Sheesh!! Talk about crazy. You would think High School students would be mature enough, but I was just worn out. And Kaylee had Santa come visit her at the babysitter yesterday. Kerrie (the babysitter) said Kaylee was a little unsure at first, but once she realized Santa was giving out candy canes, she jumped right up on his lap! When Mommy doesn't give you sugar, I guess you have to hunt for it! But, the best part of Monday was getting together with my college roomies for our annual child-free Christmas Dinner. It is so fun to catch up with them. I feel so blessed that we have remained so close. It was a nice, relaxing dinner. I ate WAY too much. But it was worth it!!

No comments: