Okay, I am finally getting around to doing this!
Stacey has tagged me for this fun idea wherein I have to share 12 random things about myself that are Christmas related. Here are the rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
12 Random Christmas Things About Jennifer:
1. I went through a phase in high school and college where I just despised Christmas. I was quite the Scrooge. The music and hustle and bustle just annoyed me. But, that's changed now!
2. I pretended to believe in S a lot longer than I really did. I knew the truth (because I was smart that way ;-) ), but I didn't want to disappoint my Mom. She lives for Christmas. Sorry, Mom!
3. I used to love to help my Grandma make Christmas cookies. They were always the same sugar cookies with icing and multi-colored balls on them. I try to keep up the tradition whenever I can.
4. Stockings are my favorite part of Christmas! We always had the best stockings!
5. I would spend a lot more money on people for Christmas if I could. I love to buy gifts for people. I would probably spend the most on Mom. I always find lots of things she would like, so I really have to limit myself with her gifts.
6. I loved leaving cookies out for Santa and wearing Christmas pajamas. We have lots of pics with my brother and I in front of the tree in cute pjs.
7. I used to love to look at Christmas lights. Every year we would get bundled up and drive around town looking at lights. I think my Mom loved it and my Dad just drove. I am sure he would have much rather been at home!
8. I think my favorite gift was when I was 15 and I got contacts for Christmas. I was excited because I knew I was about to get my license and I did not want to wear glasses to drive. My mom took a piece of posterboard and drew a face on it. Then she took two clear bowls and glued them over the eyeballs. It was so funny!
9. We alternate every Christmas between my family and Nathan's. We already did Christmas with my family last weekend. I got some great gifts last weekend. New digital camera, Seiko clock that plays music every hour (Christmas music during season!), Electric pressure-cooker, stockpot (from B and Kellie), money . . .
10. I will really miss my Mom's Christmas dinner this year. I am so glad I got to have her dressing at Thanksgiving. And I got to share some Borden's eggnog out of a can with Dad this weekend (it's the only good eggnog!)
11. Nathan's family has done a Turducken for Christmas dinner the last few years. Hmmm . . . that's a whole different story!
12. Nathan's grandpa owned a Christmas tree farm that Nathan worked at for years, so he has a love/hate relationship with real trees. He is really sad we don't have a real tree, but he sometimes cringes when he sees them because he remembers all of the hardwork!
I tag Mom, Laura, Kellie, and Mandy!